These tasty apple fritters really take the cake! Coated in a gluten-free batter made from rice flour, they are crispy on the outside, but soft and on the inside. Once done, serve them up with vanilla cream and cranberry sauce or toppings like cinnamon, maple syrup, and chocolate sauce. Fruity and sweet, but not too sweet, they are the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Apple Fritters With Cranberry Sauce and Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Fritters:
- About 3-5 apples, depending on size
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons rice syrup or agave nectar
- 1 3/4 cups, plus 1/2 tablespoon sweetened or unsweetened non-dairy milk, according to your preference
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons applesauce
- 4 teaspoons carob powder
- Coconut oil, for frying
For the Vanilla Cream:
- 1 packet vegan vanilla pudding powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Cranberry sauce
- Oat groats
- Ground vanilla (optional)
- Remove the core of the apples with an apple cutter and peel the apples. Cut the apples into slices about 1/3-inch thick and set aside.
- Mix the rice flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add the syrup, the milk, and the applesauce and mix well. Now, combine the wet and dry ingredients together and stir for about 2 minutes or until the dough is thick.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan.
- Place the apple slices into the dough and cover well on both sides. If the dough is much too thick, add a little bit of milk.
- Then, fry the apple fritters in the pan on both sides, until brown and warm. If necessary, add more coconut oil io the pan so that nothing burns.
- If you have leftover dough, you can bake it without apple rings.
- For the vanilla sauce, prepare the pudding powder according to the pack instructions and warm slightly.
- Sprinkle the apple tarts with the vanilla sauce, oat groats, and the ground vanilla.