Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
You’ll never buy another store-brand cranberry sauce after you’ve tasted this one – and, it’s a breeze to make!
Traditional Cranberry Sauce
Makes about 1 cup
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries, rinsed (see note)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- In a pot on medium-high heat, combine ingredients and bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have broken down. (Reduce heat is sauce is sticking or is simmering too rapidly.)
- Once sauce has thickened, taste test, and add balsamic vinegar for a touch of sourness if desired.
- Serve warm or chilled.