The apples and bananas caramelize on the hot skillet. The warmth from the cinnamon and nutmeg, coupled with the sweetness of the brown rice syrup and coconut sugar is a divine combination. Think of it as essentially a healthy pie filling served over a warm tortilla – heaven! When you make the apple-banana breakfast tortillas your home will smell like pie, and who doesn’t love that?
Apple-Banana Breakfast Tortillas [Vegan]
- 1 ½ Tbsp. vegan butter substitute
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 rounded tsp. brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tortillas, cooked according to package instructions
- Melt vegan butter substitute in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add apples, spread out evenly. Cook on 1 side for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare tortillas according to package instructions. Usually we cook the tortillas in a skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Flip the apples over.
- Add banana slices, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown rice syrup and coconut sugar. Stir for 1 minute.
- Spoon the apple-banana filling over the warm tortillas and serve.