This recipe does require a little prep, but then you will have all those bright yellow turmeric ice cubes just waiting to be made into this warming anti-inflammatory drink. This recipe makes about 12 medium-sized ice cubes and I use one cube for a small mug and two for a large one. Drink up!
Almost Instant Turmeric-Ginger Tea [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- ¼ peeled, cored and diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup of water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 ounces each, peeled turmeric and ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a high-power blender and blend until completely combined and there are no chunks of fruit left.
- Strain the mixture into a measuring cup through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and store in the freezer.
- Pop 1 or 2 turmeric cubes out into a mug and pour boiling water over the cubes. Stir and enjoy!
This tea does require a stir or two as the turmeric and ginger will settle to the bottom. For those not use to turmeric or ginger's strong flavourful, I recommend starting with one cube.