This recipe is a bit of a weird experiment gone good. I wanted to play around with the idea of using both the oven, as well as my dehydrator to make some half-baked / half-raw bars. These almond hazelnut bars turned out pretty delicious and fluffy in the end ( totally unexpected)! After baking them at 325 F for 15 minutes, I then stuck the bars in the dehydrator, and left them there for about 2 hours. If you have a good dehydrator you can probably get the job done in an hour or so. And that was that! These bars are fab on their own, but they are even better paired with a nice cup of tea.
Almond Hazelnut Bars [Vegan]
- 4 3/4 ounces flour (use coconut flour if you want to make them gluten-free)
- 3.5 ounces coconut oil
- 5 ounces water
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 3.5 ounces banana chips
- 4.5 ounces almonds and hazelnuts
- 1 3/4 ounces dry figs
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Spread out the mixture on a tray, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into bars, and leave in a dehydrator for 1 – 2 hours, depending on how powerful your dehydrator is.