Rich, fudgy brownies with a swirl of almond butter. These vegan almond butter swirl brownies are made with just seven healthy ingredients and you’d never know they’re gluten-free and naturally sweetened! The brownies start with chickpeas. Just one can blended up with some almond milk gives a super rich and fudgy base texture to the brownies.
Almond Butter Swirl Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup date paste (blend 16 Medjool dates with 1 cup hot water)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened, natural nut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until totally smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chickpea puree and date paste.
- Add the buckwheat flour and cocoa powder and stir until everything is totally combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick or sprayed square pan.
- Drop 2-3 tablespoons of nut butter on top of the batter and gently swirl with a toothpick or a knife.
- Bake the brownies for 40 minutes until they're slightly firm to the touch. They will firm up a lot as they cool, so don't over bake.