A quick and easy 15-minute pasta salad with almond pesto. This simple vegan pasta salad is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s also a great lunchbox or picnic recipe.
15-Minute Pasta Salad with Almond Pesto [Vegan]
- 1 box (375g) pasta of choice, such as fusilli, rotini or macaroni
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Nutritional yeast, for topping (or use vegan parmesan)
Almond Butter Pesto
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or oil from the sundried tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package's instructions. Avoid overcooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the cherry tomatoes and sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare the pesto: Add the garlic in a food processor (ideally a small one, but any will work). Process a few seconds to chop. Next, add the rest of the pesto ingredients. Process until it gets to your desired consistency.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Return to the saucepan or to a large bowl. Toss with the pesto, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, chickpeas and arugula.
- Serve cold with additional nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan if desired. Enjoy!