A Texas-based startup, Crafty Counter, launched a revolutionary plant-based hard-boiled egg available at Whole Foods Nationwide.
Source: Crafty Counter/Youtube
Crafty Counter launched the nut-based vegan hard-boiled egg called Hard Boiled WunderEggs. It is the first plant-based hard-boiled egg to be made in the United States and comes in a ready-to-eat six-pack.
The WunderEggs are “kind to bodies and the planet,” according to the company. The nut-based eggs are free of seven of the top eight allergens and look, feel, and taste just like chicken eggs.
The company was founded in 2018 on a mission to help people eat more plants. The female and BIPOC- owned company has since made a name for itself in the plant-based scene and launched WunderBites in 2020.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could make up 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020, experts suggest that the plant-based foods market could have a value of over $162 billion by the end of the decade.
Check out these vegan egg recipes you can make at home!
- Boiled ‘Egg’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- The Ultimate Vegan Eggs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Avo Toast with Vegg [Vegan]
- Scotch Egg [Vegan]
- Deviled Veggs [Vegan]
Not Your By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Get Ready for Plant-Based Hard Boiled Eggs
- Swiss Grocery Giant Migros Launches Plant Based Hard-Boiled Egg
- Egg-selent! These Students Developed a Bonafide Vegan Hard-Boiled Egg!
- Nationwide Recall Issued Due to Listeria Outbreak Linked to Hardboiled Eggs
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Go check the price! You may choke on that halved egg!