Crafty Counter makes healthy Wonder Nuggets from fresh vegetables, lentils, chickpeas, and beans. And now it’s working on an exciting new product called WunderEgg, which promises to be the “first whole food plant food based hard boiled egg.”
Food-Navigator USA reported that the ingredients in WunderEggs will be made of water, cashews, almonds, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, organic turmeric extract, agar, black salt, and probiotics. Nuts and agar formulate the “whites,” while nuts, turmeric, and black salt create the taste and consistency of the “yolk.” The initial product will offer similar nutrition to chicken eggs, minus the cholesterol. The company hopes that later iterations will also incorporate choline, lutein, zeaxanthin, selenium, and vitamin B12.
If this product seems amazing to you, and you want to be one of the first 100 influencers, you can apply now. Or, just stay ready for the launch late this year or early next.
In the meantime, you can sign this petition to help stop the shipment of live chicks.
And you can learn about why the egg industry is so cruel to animals, and why vegan eggs are so important:
- You Will Never Eat Eggs Again After Reading This
- How Eggs Make their Way From the Farm to Your Table
- Slaughtering Chickens is Depleting California’s Water Supply
- Why Replacing Beef With Chicken Isn’t Better For the Planet
You can also check out these vegan egg recipes:
- Avoid the Brunch Rush With These 5 Vegan Takes on Eggs Benedict
- No Eggs, No Problem – 10 Vegan Egg Replacers for all of Your Baking and Cooking Needs
- The Ultimate Vegan Eggs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Scrambled Veggie Breakfast Hash [Vegan]
- JUST Egg to Debut Plant-Based Egg Bites
- Zucchini Vegan Egg Nests [Vegan]
- Bareburger Adding Vegan Egg to Menu This May!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!