Following a three-decade-long battle with breast cancer, Olivia Newton-John passed away last week at the age of 73. During her cancer journey, she advocated for alternative medicine and a plant-based lifestyle.
Source: 60 Minutes Australia/Youtube
Newton-John received traditional medical treatments throughout her battle with cancer, but she also complimented it with acupuncture and massage therapy, which is what led her to explore alternative medicines and plant-based living.
She turned to a plant-based lifestyle and medicines to pioneer a “kinder, happier and healthier existence”. She advocated for plant-based treatments and urged medical professionals to take them more seriously. Her daughter, Chloe Lattanzi, was even inspired by her mother’s lifestyle change and announced that she was eating vegan and feeling good.
Newton-John created her very own foundation called the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund to Support plant-based medication research to give cancer patients more options during treatment. She raised money and opened the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Australia in 2015, along with the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute.
We are so sad to see this incredible woman gone too soon. Her work and advocacy are appreciated and will remain a part of her legacy.
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and more! Plant-based diets have also been found to lower rates and risks for various diseases! Conversely, dairy and meat consumption has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and more.
You’ve probably heard a saying along the lines of “You can’t pour from an empty cup” or “To best serve others, pour from a full cup.” The gist of these expressions is that when you take care of yourself, you’re better able to take care of others. Thus, the positive effects of a plant-based diet reach even further than the reduction in Pollution and emissions. A plant-based diet will make you feel great, which will enable you to care for the planet and those living on it even more. This is where the Food Monster App can help you with over 20,000 plant-based recipes!
Check out some of our other articles to help improve your health:
- How an Anti-Inflammatory Plant-Based Diet Can Boost Your Gut Microbiome
- Plant-Based Foods That Improve Lymphatic Flow and Keep the Body Balanced
- Healthy Plant-Based Foods That Improve Your Blood Flow
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Help with Decongestion and Mucus Relief
- Plant-Based Recipes to Prevent GERD and Heartburn
- Combating Restless Leg Syndrome with a Plant-Based Diet
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes with Blood Pressure Lowering Ingredients
- How Influencers Like Kim Kardashian Affect the Plant-Based Market
- Morrisons Adds 50 New Plant-Based Products
- Glucosinolate: The Compound in Cruciferous Veggies That Fights Cancer!
- Jacob Batalon Talks About Health Transformation Using Plant-Based Diet
- France Confirms Link Between Cancer and Processed Meats
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.