This alarming news shows that between 2000 and 2015, there has been a 4% increase in stage 4 breast cancer cases in women under the age of 40. In addition to common causes, like genetic factors, late periods, late menopause, having no children, and excessive alcohol and tobacco exposure were also linked to these cases
With cases of stage 4 cancer on the rise, medical professionals are urging women to be more cautious than ever by having yearly checkups and looking for any possible triggers for these kinds of cancer.
The side effects of chemotherapy can be extremely harmful, causing women to defeat cancer, but then pass away later from medical issues caused by the radiation. However, some good news is that other methods of treating breast cancer are being used more frequently.
Though this news will be worrying to younger women, it is also helpful to know what the risks are so that women can take the necessary steps to protect themselves.
- New Study Shows Plant Foods Decrease Risk of Heart Disease in Women
- New Study Shows Women Drinking Cows Milk Increase their Risk of Breast Cancer by 80 Percent
- Study Finds Dairy Milk Linked to Higher Risk of Breast Cancer
- Doctors Demand FDA Add Breast Cancer Warning on Cheese
- New Research Says Daily Fruits and Vegetables Can Keep Breast Cancer Away
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!