May 3rd is National Raspberry Popover Day, but it’s also known as National Raspberry Tart Day, possibly because popovers are a type of vintage dessert that has fallen into obscurity. When you think about it, a traditional sweet tart is like a flat pop-over — and we’ll take any excuse to eat raspberries.
Not only are raspberries delicious, but they’re also good for you. One cup of raspberries contains 43 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin C, and these berries are also a good source of manganese, fiber, and copper. Raspberries are a source of phytonutrients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so even if you’re not making dessert, you should try adding these berries to your diet when they’re in season.
You’d think that there’s just one way to make a raspberry tart, but as it turns out, we have eight different ways you can make this delicious, simply sweet. Are you excited? Because we are.
1. No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Source: No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Chocolate and fruit are always a winning combination. This yummy No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart has a no-bake hazelnut crust, and a filling of chilled, creamy chocolate goodness sweetened with mint-flavored chocolate stevia syrup and topped with plump and juicy raspberries. You can serve this dusted with powdered sugar, coconut whipped cream, or simply with more fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
2. Raw Peach and Raspberry Tart With Mascarpone
Source: Raw Peach and Raspberry Tart
This incredible Raw Peach and Raspberry Tart comes together in minutes and will easily impress your most discerning dinner guests. The combination of seasonal fruit and luscious cream on a simple crust is very versatile. On a perfect, warm afternoon, the combination of peaches and raspberries is an ideal match for the rich mascarpone.
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Raspberry and Blackberry Tarts
Source: Raspberry and Blackberry Tarts
These delicious Raspberry and Blackberry Tarts start with a gorgeous, nutty chocolatey base. Then, they’re filled with a super creamy, super-colorful fruit filling. The decorative flowers are entirely optional, but they make them look picture-perfect and even more amazing!
4. Mini Granola Tarts
Source: Mini Granola Tarts
Nutritious and wholesome, these Mini Granola Tarts are perfect for a light snack or treat to serve. The flavorful crust is made from oats, granola, and bananas. They’re filled with strawberry coconut cream and topped with raspberries for a burst of fruity goodness.
5. Chai Spiced Oatmeal Tart With Coconut Vanilla Sauce
Source: Chai Spiced Oatmeal Tart
Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? Certainly not us! Combine your love of chai tea with your favorite breakfast with this Chai Spiced Oatmeal Tart. The simple nut-and-fruit crust is topped with a layer of raspberry jam and juicy, smashed raspberries. Then, drizzle on the coconut vanilla sauce, add more fresh raspberries, and dig in!
6. Raw Berry Vanilla Cream Tarts
Source: Raw Berry Vanilla Cream Tarts
These adorable Raw Berry Vanilla Cream Tarts are full of fruity goodness that’ll have you and your family practically fighting over the last bites. The crust simple crust is made from oats or nuts blended with dates, and the filling is a swirl of raspberry purée and luscious vanilla cashew cream.
7. Mini Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Tarts
These Mini Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Tarts are as delicious as they are adorable! The crust is made from almond flour and coconut oil, and the filling is soft and silky. Each bite has the slightly tangy but oh-so-sweet taste of raspberries.
8. Whipped Coco Cream Tart With Fresh Berries
This recipe for Whipped Coco Cream Tart With Fresh Berries is a gorgeous, delicious, uber-good-for-you treat that’s sure to impress everyone. You make the crust which is usually just a mix of dates and nuts, press that into a tart pan, and then you make your filling which is normally a simple blending up of bananas, coconut, or nuts with a healthy sweetener, and finally, you decorate it with something pretty like fresh raspberries and bananas.
And if you’re looking for more raspberry desserts, check out our vegan raspberry recipes page.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.