These adorable babies are full of fruity goodness, and they had my girlfriends practically fighting over the last bites. You can make this recipe nut-free very easily, or you can leave the nuts in there if you want. It's all up to you! I heart cashews! You can also use nut pulp for the crust, if you are often left wondering what to do with that extra stuff after making almond milk.
Raw Berry Vanilla Cream Tarts [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Berry Vanilla Cream Tarts [Vegan]
- 1 cup oats, nuts or nut pulp leftover from nut milk
- 1 1/4 cup dates
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries
- Water, as needed
- 3/4 cup cashews or 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Water, as needed
How to Prepare Raw Berry Vanilla Cream Tarts [Vegan]
- Make the crust: pulse the oats or nuts into flour in a food processor. Add the dates and process it all until it sticks together. Press into lined tart tins. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the cream: for each one, just blend all the ingredients until smooth. Fill your tart crusts with your berry and vanilla creams, and decorate with chia seeds, dried berries, coconut shreds and whatever else you like!
If you use cashews, you'll have lots of cashew vanilla cream leftover. I ask for 3/4 cup because you need to use at least that much to blend them into a cream in a blender, otherwise you just get cashew crumbs flying around the blades for infinity.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Coconut Nectar
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1,380 | Total Carbs: 171 g | Total Fat: 51 g | Total Protein: 43 g | Total Sodium: 23 mg | Total Sugar: 60 g Nutrition information accounted for is with oat option and cashew option (not banana or nut pulp option).Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.