Nutritious and wholesome, these mini granola tarts are perfect for a light snack or treat to serve. The flavorful crust is made from oats, granola, and bananas. Fill these with strawberry-flavored coconut cream and top with berries for a burst of fruity goodness.
Mini Granola Tarts [Vegan]
For Crust Option 1 (Using Pre-Made Granola):
- 2 cups granola
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
For Crust Option 2 (From Scratch):
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
For the Cream Filling:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berries of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
To Make Crust Option 1:
- Mix the nut butter with mashed bananas and combine with granola. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
To Make Crust Option 2:
- Mix the mashed banana, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and the cocoa powder and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix oats, sunflower kernels, and pecans. Combine the two mixes thoroughly and let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
To Make the Cups:
- Spray mini muffin cups with cooking oil.
- Fill each muffin hole halfway with the granola mix.
- Using your fingers, mold the dough into a bowl shape by pressing into the center of the hole and working your way around the edges.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, then take the mould out of the oven and wait until it cools down to room temperature.
- The granola crust cups should now come out of the mould easily.
To Make the Filling:
- Mix all the of the filling ingredients in blender.