Kelp noodles!? You ask with a grimace on your face. Well, relax! What if I told you that they are not only tasty, but fat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and extremely low in calories. Their crunchy texture is not like those of regular noodles, but delicious in it's own way. They are versatile and can be used raw (they are considered a raw food), or heated in stir-fries, etc. In this recipe they are tossed with sauteed veggies in order to heat through, and topped with a lovely miso-peanut sauce.
Kelp Noodles in Peanut-Miso Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 package kelp noodles, rinsed and cut to desired length if necessary
- vegetables of your choice for stir-frying (ie. cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower)
- coconut oil
- 1 part miso
- 3 parts peanut butter
- splash of sesame oil
- splash of seasoned rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- Add a tbsp or so of coconut oil to a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add your vegetables and saute until almost cooked through.
- Add kelp noodles and cover with a lid until veggies are fully cooked and noodles are warmed.
- Mix all ingredients together and add water to thin until desired consistency is reached.
- Toss with kelp noodle stir-fry. Enjoy!