Kelp noodles!? You ask with a grimace on your face. Well, relax! What if I told you that they are not only tasty, but fat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and extremely low in calories. Their crunchy texture is not like those of regular noodles, but delicious in it's own way. They are versatile and can be used raw (they are considered a raw food), or heated in stir-fries, etc. In this recipe they are tossed with sauteed veggies in order to heat through, and topped with a lovely miso-peanut sauce.
Kelp Noodles in Peanut-Miso Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Kelp Noodles in Peanut-Miso Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 package kelp noodles, rinsed and cut to desired length if necessary
- vegetables of your choice for stir-frying (ie. cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower)
- coconut oil
- 1 part miso
- 3 parts peanut butter
- splash of sesame oil
- splash of seasoned rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
How to Prepare Kelp Noodles in Peanut-Miso Sauce [Vegan]
- Add a tbsp or so of coconut oil to a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add your vegetables and saute until almost cooked through.
- Add kelp noodles and cover with a lid until veggies are fully cooked and noodles are warmed.
- Mix all ingredients together and add water to thin until desired consistency is reached.
- Toss with kelp noodle stir-fry. Enjoy!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.