Key Lime Pie is a classic dish with flavors to suit everyone – a little sourness from the lime is incorporated with delicious sweetness to create a tasty combination for the ages. Sometimes people think that adopting a vegan lifestyle means giving up tasty treats like this one. Not to fear! Making vegan key lime pie is so easy and even more delicious than the animal product-filled counterpart. So creamy, tangy, and refreshing, these little guys are amazing! For Key Lime Pie Day, we scoured our Food Monster App to find you the very best vegan key lime recipes to celebrate with!
1. Naturally Delicious Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
At last. Finally, you can eat your cake pie and have it too. This Naturally Delicious Key Lime Pie from Lucie Javorska is just as decadently rich as its original version. It has the right amount of sweetness and tanginess. It even has an irresistible melt-in-your-mouth texture. And the coconut-date pie crust! Forget graham crackers, butter, and sugar: this healthy version is the ultimate winner.
2. Key Lime Pie Cheesecake [Vegan]
Image Source: Key Lime Pie Cheesecake [Vegan]
Gabrielle St. Claire‘s Key Lime Pie Cheesecake is easy, affordable, tofu-based, perfect for summer, non-vegan approved, and low sugar. What I love about this recipe is that it’s effortless, affordable, has aesthetic appeal (if you don’t like the baked top you can simply cut it off), is low in sugar, and is perfect for summer!
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Coconut Key Lime Pie [Vegan]
Image Source: Coconut Key Lime Pie [Vegan]
This Coconut Key Lime Pie from Rebecca Coleman is taken to the next level thanks to the aquafaba-based meringue on top. When torched, the meringue adds a smoky, toasty flavor to the tangy and sweet dessert. Bring this pie to your next picnic to share with others just how tasty this show-stopping vegan alternative is!
4. Key Lime Pie Parfaits With Aquafaba Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What’s better than key lime pie? Key Lime Pie Parfaits With Aquafaba Whipped Cream from Mindful Avocado of course! Graham cracker crust, lime curd, and aquafaba whipped cream make up the layers of this parfait. They are subtle on the sweetness and citrus side but are packed with flavor. You won’t believe how easy this dessert recipe is to make not to mention how delicious it is!
5. Raw-vocado Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Raw-vocado Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
6. Chocolate-Coated Key Lime-Coconut Creme Pie [Vegan]
Image Source: Chocolate-Coated Key Lime-Coconut Creme Pie [Vegan]
This Chocolate-Coated Key Lime-Coconut Creme Pie from Annie Oliverio is a combination of coconut creme and key lime so the tangy lime has been tamed somewhat – feel free to up the amount of juice (reducing the other liquids to compensate) or add more lime zest. The hint of chocolate and the crunch of the toasted coconut and cacao nibs is a wonderful counterpart to the creaminess of the “custard.”
7. Mini Key Lime Pies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Mini Key Lime Pies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
The flavor in these Mini Key Lime Pies from Azucena Noriega is pretty similar to the traditional Mexican dessert, and because they are frozen, they are amazing for a quick treat. These mini pies are a super healthy snack or dessert and are super simple!
8. No-Bake Key Lime Pie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: No-Bake Key Lime Pie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Diana Johnson‘s No-Bake Key Lime Pie Bars are the perfect treat on a summer evening. They have healthy fats from coconut and avocado, but the sweet tartness of key lime dominates the flavors. They’re creamy from the avocado and they taste healthy, without any overpowering sweetness!
9. Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
This Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl by Mariko Sakata makes a perfect breakfast. The combo of banana, avocado, and dates makes it quite filling too. You get a crunch from the granola, the sweet, tangy, and nutritious avocado custard smoothie, and coconut whipped cream!
10. Lemon Raspberry Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Lemon Raspberry Key Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This silky smooth Lemon Raspberry Key Lime Pie from Florian Nouh is a gorgeous dairy-free dessert made from just six whole food ingredients. The grain-free crust is made from cashews and dates while the soy-free filling is made from cashews and creamy avocado with lemon and lime juice mixed in. With just two easy steps, this no-bake pie is ready in no time with its sweet, citrusy flavors and creamy texture.
11. 5-Ingredient Avocado Key Lime Pie Popsicles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
These creamy 5-Ingredient Avocado Key Lime Pie Popsicles from Tori Cooper are a fun treat to fix for a quick snack or a fun dessert that you can feel good about giving the little ones. What’s the secret behind their unmistakably ice cream-like texture? The lime and syrup make the perfect flavor balance in these and you won’t even think about the fact that it’s avocado you’re eating. A touch of salt and vanilla as optional ingredients because it helps bring out the other flavors and make these just a little bit more like eating a frozen slice of key lime pie on a stick.
12. Key Lime Pie Avocado Ice Cream [Vegan]
Image Source: Key Lime Pie Avocado Ice Cream [Vegan]
The taste of Azucena Noriega‘s Key Lime Pie Avocado Ice Cream is exactly like you’re digging into the frozen version of key lime pie. The avocado is completely undetectable — all it does is give you a deliciously creamy ice cream texture that’s the perfect partner for the crunchy graham cracker cookie crumble and the sticky vegan condensed milk. This recipe serves one, so you don’t have to (and won’t want to) share.
13. No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake [Vegan]
Image Source: No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake [Vegan]
Enjoy Gretchen Price‘s spin on the seasonal classic key lime pie with this No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake. Unlike many other vegan cheesecake recipes, this one can be made nut-free. Instead of a cashew base, this cheesecake uses vegan cream cheese and agar agar. Bursting with lime flavor, this refreshing, creamy dessert is not one you want to miss!
14. Raw Coconut Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Raw Coconut Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
The crust of this Raw Coconut Lime Pie from Priscilla Soler is made by blending coconut, coconut flour, and dates, resulting in a base that’s sweet, nutty, and a little crumbly. The tart and creamy lime filling is made velvety by combining cashews with coconut butter and silken tofu. This dessert is perfect for warm spring and summer days.
15. Key Lime Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Key Lime Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This gorgeous Key Lime Tart by Buffy-Ellen Gill is the perfect dessert to take to a get-together. It uses zesty limes and a secret ingredient to give its creamy base … avocado! Serve the slices with a dollop of coconut cashew cream on the side and some freshly sliced kiwi if you have it.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.