The crust of this raw coconut lime pie is made by blending coconut, coconut flour, and dates together, resulting in a base that's sweet, nutty, and a little crumbly. The tart and creamy lime filling is made velvety by combining cashews with coconut butter and silken tofu. This dessert is perfect for warm spring and summer days.
Raw Coconut Lime Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3-4 tablespoons water, as needed
For the Filling:
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 block soft silken tofu (or add more coconut butter)
- Juice from 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup room temperature water, or unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or coconut nectar
- 6 stevia drops, or 2 extra tablespoons liquid sweetener
- Start by soaking the nuts for 5-6 hours.
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, coconut, and coconut flour in your food processor. Add the water, as needed, until you have a sticky consistency. Transfer mixture to a cheesecake pan, or into mini cheesecake molds.
- Leave in the freezer and continue with the filling.
- Blend the cashews, melted coconut butter, maple syrup, lime juice, water, vanilla, and stevia drops until you have a very creamy consistency. Transfer the mixture to cheesecake pan and freeze for at least 10 hours. Once ready, leave outside the freezer for 5 minutes, and then remove from pan while frozen.
- Top with fresh berries or lemon zest.
This holds really well if left in the refrigerator but you can also put it back on the freezer if desired