This gorgeous vegan key lime tart is the perfect dessert to take to a get-together. It has a sweet and nutty crust that is topped with a thick and zesty filling. It is so creamy that people won’t believe it’s vegan.The secret ingredient? Avocado! Don’t worry, you can’t taste it all––it’s just for texture. Serve the slices with a dollop of coconut cashew cream on the side and some fresh sliced kiwi if you have it. This vegan key lime tart is so beautiful and tasty––it’ll be a huge hit!
Key Lime Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Key Lime Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or dried ginger (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups ripe avocado
- 1 cup lime segments
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, softened and chilled
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (scoop the firm part off the top of a can)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Extra zest for garnish
How to Prepare Key Lime Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend all the base ingredients in a food processor until chunky like breadcrumbs, so that it sticks together between your fingers but still has some nice texture to it.
- Pour into your tart tin that’s lined with clear wrap. Press the base in and up the edges, moving around the sides with your palm, thumb, and fingers to get a nice even thickness on all sides. Pop the base in the freezer while you prep your filling.
- Blend all your filling ingredients in a high-speed blender until super creamy and smooth. There should be no lumps or avocado bits at all, it needs to be completely smooth so there's not avocado flavor left. Remove your tart shell from the freezer and pour in the filling, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Then place in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- For the optional topping, blend the coconut cream and cashews until super smooth, then dollop in the center and pop back in the refrigerator for a few hours to set. Alternatively, you can serve the cream separately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.