Let’s face it, all of us crave sweets from time to time, but we’d rather not have the consequences that come along with consuming them. Luckily, there are many delicious refined sugar-free treats out there that are comparable in taste to their less-healthy counterparts. Here are 15 plant-based refined sugar-free desserts you need to try!
1. Healthy Peanut Butter Pie
Source: Healthy Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter lovers rejoice – this Healthy Peanut Butter Pie by Annie Markowitz is the perfect dessert! It’s also packed with fiber and protein, making it healthy enough to eat for breakfast if you’re feeling like a rebel!
2. Sugar-Free Cheesecake
Source: Sugar-Free Cheesecake
This is cheesecake perfection … and it doesn’t use any sugar. While most dairy-free cheesecakes include sweetener and oil, this fabulous dessert is sweetened naturally with dates and doesn’t call for any oil at all. You can top this Sugar-Free Cheesecake by Helyn Dunn with whatever kind of fruit you like, depending on the season and occasion.
3. Caramel Apple Crisp
Source: Caramel Apple Crisp
Warm, fall-seasoned apples tossed and baked in luscious caramel and topped off with a crunchy topping of deliciousness makes the perfect fall dessert—paleo and vegan Caramel Apple Crisp by Sabrina Estafo! It’s easy to make and such a rewarding treat. Being paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, dairy-free, and clean-eating, you can throw out all the guilt!
4. Seven-Layer Magic Bars
Source: Seven-Layer Magic Bars
How can you not be satisfied with a dessert that incorporates gooey caramel, dark chocolate, nuts, and coconut flakes, married over a shortbread crust? The bonus with these irresistible paleo Seven-Layer Magic Bars by Sabrina Estafo is that they’re also gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating!
5. Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Mint Pops
Need a break from your same ol’ dessert routine? Try these amazingly creamy Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Mint Pops by Gabrielle St. Claire. What sets these pops apart are that they have a rich texture almost like cheesecake, they won’t melt like the traditional pops, pack avocado, coconut, stevia for sugar, a natural green color derived from the avocado, a dark chocolate drizzle shell, and crunchy pistachios!
6. Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Source: Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Take one bite of these Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Sabrina Muscat and we bet you would never guess that they were raw, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! It starts with a base of dates, coconut shreds, and oats, and is then topped with delicious and creamy raspberry filling. Drizzle with some salted caramel sauce for added decadence and presentation.
7. Sweet Potato and Plantain Truffles
These Sweet Potato and Plantain Truffles by Amy Height are like little cakey balls of batter with all of the yumminess and none of the baking. They’re great for summer (no turning on the oven!) and easy to whip up if you need something quick for a party. Everyone who has tried these so far has been shocked to learn they’re free of anything refined. Aren’t whole foods magical?!
8. Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Tofu Tartlets
These Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Tofu Tartlets by Nele Liivlaid are vegan, plant-based, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and Candida diet friendly. The squash and sweet potatoes in these bite-sized morsels are a little sweet and a little salty – what else can you wish for? They are ideal for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack – you choose!
9. Date and Walnut Banana Bread
Source: Date and Walnut Banana Bread
The Date and Walnut Banana Bread by Hayley Canning is perfectly sweet as it’s infused with dates, maple syrup, banana, and cinnamon but the walnuts and buckwheat flour ensure that it doesn’t get too sweet. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert. It tastes amazing on its own, or warmed up!
10. Peanut Butter Tag-A-Longs
Source: Peanut Butter Tag-A-Longs
Calling all Girl Scout Cookie lovers – these healthy, vegan, and gluten-free versions of a favorite cookie are going to be your new best friend! Peanut Butter Tag-A-Longs by Karielyn Tillman will be yours in no time!
11. Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies
Source: Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies
12. Simple and Easy Two-Ingredient Ice Cream
13. Copycat Oreo Cookies
Source: Copycat Oreo Cookies
These Copycat Oreo Cookies by Sabrina Estafo are so tasty you’d be pleased eating them all on their own. They have a crunchy texture with a subtle softness from the creamy centers. They make the perfect snack or dessert!
14. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Caramel Bars
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Caramel Bars by Michele Elizabeth are super easy, no-bake, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and super yummy! The flavor of these bars is incredible, think the caramel center of a Twix mixed with a scoop of raw cookie dough that you know you can’t resist when making cookies!
15. Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Cake With Saffron Frosting
This gluten-free cake recipe is ready for all you chocolate lovers out there! This Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Cake With Saffron Frosting by Sirke Reivo is speckled with juicy blackberries and contains no refined sugar, but it tastes like a dream. It’s topped with a white chocolate saffron frosting that is sweet and creamy and topped with more berries and chunks of dark chocolate for the ultimate presentation.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!