Need a break from your same ol' dessert routine? Try these amazingly creamy dark chocolate mint pops. What sets these pops apart are that they have a rich texture almost like cheesecake, they won’t melt like the traditional pops, pack avocado, coconut, stevia for sugar, a natural green color derived from the avocado, a dark chocolate drizzle shell, and crunchy pistachios!
Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Mint Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pops:
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 teaspoons or 3 drops peppermint stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 avocados
- 2 cans coconut milk (solid portion, chilled in refrigerator overnight)
- 1/2-3/4 cup coconut liquid
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1-2 vegan dark chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- Place vegan cream cheese and coconut in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add coconut liquid, almond extract, 1 tablespoon corn starch, and peppermint stevia extract.
- Process until well combined.
- Place into moulds, top with a stick and freeze for 4 hours. To unmould, run under hot tap water for 20 to 30 seconds, and then twist stick gently to release.
- In a small bowl microwave vegan chocolate and coconut oil for intervals of 10 seconds, whisking between each, until smooth. Top the pops with the chocolate and while still wet top with crushed pistachios. Chill until ready to serve. Pops should be fine in fridge versus freezer due to the high solid coconut portion.