Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Caramel Bars are super easy, no baking, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and super yum! The flavor of these bars is incredible, think the caramel center of a Twix mixed with a scoop of raw cookie dough that you know you can’t resist when making cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Caramel Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, No-Bake]
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (processed into flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon canned coconut milk cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- In a food processor add the whole rolled oats and process into a flour consistency.
- Add all the cookie dough ingredients into a bowl and mix, set aside.
- Add the caramel ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a small dish (this recipe used a 4×6-inch dish) with parchment paper and add half the cookie dough mixture to the bottom and then the caramel layer and then for the top layer either put 6 clumps on top and slightly spread evenly or roll out first and lay it on top like you would do with a pie crust.
- Freeze overnight at least 12 hours.
You can add anything you want to the cookie dough, if you like nuts added in your cookies or sprinkles or maybe you’re a full on PB lover you can totally swap the cashew butter for PB or even almond butter… of course that’ll affect the taste but still it’ll be yummy! (be sure to swap the nut butter in the caramel recipe as well if you change the cookie dough nut butter). This recipe makes it have a more predominant caramel texture but if you love cookie dough more than caramel then make half the recipe of caramel or even just save some of the caramel for topping some ice cream, this recipe makes a really thick caramel layer in the center! The pitted medjool dates need to be soft and gooey, if they aren’t soft and gooey soak them in hot water for 30 minutes first. Store in the fridge 1 week or freezer 1-2 months. To keep these 100% refined sugar free you need to use carob chips or a dark chocolate bar chopped up as regular vegan chocolate chips contain sugar… you could also leave them out as well because they are definitely delicious without them!