Gingerbread is a classic Christmas flavor. You can make so many different treats that feature the cozy flavor, from classic gingerbread men to more unique recipes like gingerbread crisp The spiciness and sweetness go so well together and are perfect for cold winter nights. If you love gingerbread, you have to check out these vegan gingerbread recipes! They’re delicious!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Caramel Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
Baking doesn’t get any easier than these no-bake Caramel Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies by Kat Condon! With no baking required, these cookies are a gluten-free & vegan holiday treat that are perfect for gift giving!
2. Gingerbread Sticky Buns
Source: Gingerbread Sticky Buns
3. The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies
These soft gingerbread cookies make your house smell like the holiday. It’s a quick and easy recipe requiring 8 ingredients and 45 minutes to make. The batter stays soft after baking because it has very little grain-based flour in it – most of the mass is chickpeas, tahini and nut flour that do not absorb much liquid. These soft gingerbread cookies are so chewy and festive––perfect for any holiday party. These cookies by Nele Liivlaid truly are The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies!
4. Vegan Gingerbread Muffins
Source: Vegan Gingerbread Muffins
These Vegan Gingerbread Muffins by Gabrielle St. Claire are packed with staple spices, packs a rich molasses flavor, not eggs, a buttery soft texture, perf for the holiday season, can easily be made in bulk, have gorgeous color and you can even add cream cheese icing for a more indulgent variation!
5. Gingerbread Flavored Energy Balls
Try these quick and easy Gingerbread Flavored Energy Balls by Nele Liivlaid that are perfect as healthy snacks when you need a pick-me-up in the afternoon. You only need a food processor or a large bowl, a spoon and 25 minutes of your time.
6. Gingerbread Molasses Smoothie
Source: Gingerbread Molasses Smoothie
As we move into December, we keep seeing gingerbread treats all around! From gingerbread lattes at Starbucks to gingerbread cookies on Instagram, it’s everywhere! It’s that special time of the year where spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg come together to create wonderfully nostalgic flavors that will forever remind us of the holidays. This healthy Gingerbread Molasses Smoothie by Mitra Shirmohammadi has zucchini, hemp hearts, flax seeds, peanut butter, and coconut milk!
7. Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Gingersnaps
Are the prevalence of pumpkin pie and pumpkin spice lattes getting you down? Try these Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Gingersnaps by Abby Thompson instead! They’re studded with dark chocolate chunks and bold, warm autumn spices. This is one heck of a cookie!
8. Apple Pear Cranberry Gingerbread Crisp
This gluten-free vegan Apple Pear Cranberry Gingerbread Crisp by Tara Sunshine is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas feast, or holiday potluck. It’s super easy to make and tastes as delicious as it looks! Bonus is, it’s so healthy that you can serve it for dessert — and then enjoy leftovers for breakfast the next morning! So you may just need to make a double batch!
9. Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies
These decadent and fudgy Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies by Pamela Higgins bring dessert to the next level. The brownies are made from a combination of oat flour and almond flour, raw cacao, and are relatively low in oil. They’re topped with a layer of crumbled gluten-free gingersnap cookies, followed by a layer of tahini caramel. When it comes to the topping, you can stick with melted chocolate and freeze-dried raspberries or experiment with your own creative creation.
10. Lebkuchen: Gingerbread Cake
Source: Lebkuchen: Gingerbread Cake
- 10 Cider Drinks and Desserts for the Holidays
- 5 Simple Ways to Clean Up Your Diet After the Holidays
- 12 Plant-Based Breaded Recipes for the Holidays
- 15 Plant-Based Asparagus Recipes for the Holidays
- 3 Live Plants to Brighten your Home for the Holidays
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.