Baking doesn’t get any easier than these no-bake Caramel Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies! With no baking required, these cookies are a gluten-free & vegan holiday treat that are perfect for gift giving!
Caramel Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Microwave for one minute.
- Add almond butter and stir vigorously until mixture starts to thicken. Add vanilla and sea salt and stir to incorporate. Set aside to cool.
- Add cookie ingredients to a bowl. Mix until everything is incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetness level, if desired.
- Divide batter into 10-12 portions and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet and using the back of a teaspoon, indent a small circle.
- Once caramel is cooled, add 1/2 teaspoon of caramel to the center of each cookie. Once each cookie is filled, chill cookies for 10 minutes in the fridge so caramel can harden.
- Store cookies in the fridge until ready to enjoy.