Try these quick and easy gingerbread-flavored vegan energy balls that are perfect as healthy snacks when you need a pick-me-up in the afternoon. You only need a food processor or a large bowl, a spoon and 25 minutes of your time.
Gingerbread Flavored Energy Balls [Vegan]
- 7 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons carob powder
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon additive-free nut butter
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup additive-free oat milk
- 3 tablespoons date sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spice mix
- Dark chocolate for coating (optional)
- Start by adding rolled oats and oat milk into food processor. This allows the oats to absorb a bit of liquid.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients and process until everything is well incorporated. The dough should be grit, if you like firmer and chewier balls. Should you be after softer/moister balls, add a bit more plant milk – enough to let the mixture form a dough ball while processing. P.S. You might have stickier result with the same amount of ingredients depending on how absorbent the oats are and how runny your nut butter is. However, this is totally alright as the balls will become a bit dryer in the fridge.
- In case you don’t have a food processor, take a large bowl and mix together all the dry ingredients. Then, in a smaller bowl, combine nut butter and oat milk, adding milk to butter gradually to avoid lumps. Finally, pour the liquids onto dry ingredients and, using your hands, mix and press the batter until everything is well incorporated.
- Then, form energy balls between your palms, about 1 heaping tablespoon (25 grams, 0.9oz) each. In case of grit dough, press each portion down with a spoon to make it stick together faster and avoid crumbling.
- Chill the energy balls in the fridge for at least an hour and enjoy! Keep them refrigerated.