These soft gingerbread cookies make your house smell like the holiday. It’s a quick and easy recipe requiring 8 ingredients and 45 minutes to make. The batter stays soft after baking because it has very little grain-based flour in it – most of the mass is chickpeas, tahini and nut flour that do not absorb much liquid. These soft gingerbread cookies are so chewy and festive––perfect for any holiday party.
The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can (8.5oz) chickpeas (with no added salt), drain and rinse
- 2.6 ounces additive-free tahini (preferably at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup additive-free almond milk
- 2.8 ounces fat-reduced almond flour [see tips]
- 1.06 ounces buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spice mix
- 5 tablespoons birch xylitol (or date sugar)
How to Prepare The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Start by adding all ingredients (except buckwheat flour) into food processor and process until you have homogeneous batter. Check substitution tips if you don’t have food processor.
- Then, blend or mix in buckwheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Next, take ungreased cookie sheet (or baking sheet) and line it with parchment paper. Weigh about 30g (1.06oz) pieces of cookie dough and, using the help of two spoons, place them onto baking sheet. You’ll get about 21 cookies (given that you don’t eat much dough).
- Now, you have two options. First, you can shape your gingerbread cookies using a fork.
- Secondly, you can make neat-looking cookies by flouring your hands and shaping them into same-size discs. To achieve that, start by making a small ball between your palms and then press it down and shape into regular circle. Flour your hands as needed – the cookies are quite soft.
- Bake the cookies for 25 minutes, and then transfer onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.