Dreaming of summer? Us too!
We’ve collected some of the most delicious and healthy Hawaiian vegan food that’s perfect for warm weather. Try these 10 Hawaiian-inspired recipes from the Food Monster App!
This Hawaiian Papaya ‘Rawnola’ Bowl is so cute! Fresh Hawaiian papaya halves seasoned with fresh lime juice, filled with rawnola, and then topped with toasted coconut flakes.
YUM! These Salad Skewers with Hawaiian Pineapple Vinaigrette are so fresh and delicious! This healthy salad-on-a-stick appetizer is sure to wow both your plant-based peeps and omnivores alike.
This Tofu ‘Spam’ Musubi: Hawaiian Sushi recipe is so unique! In this instance, it is made by grilling or pan-frying slices of seasoned tofu, then placed on top of a ball of rice moulded into a Spam-shape and wrapped with a strip of nori seaweed.
These Barbecue Chickpea Hawaiian Bowls are delicious, healthy, and super flavorful! The barbecue chickpeas in this dish pair perfectly with the sweet pineapple. Pick a barbecue sauce that is not very sweet to help keep flavors balanced.
Smoky, meaty, and so fresh! These Hawaiian Seitan Skewers are perfect for the grill! They’re delicious, pretty healthy, and they’re on a stick. What could be better? Here is a fairly traditional mix of peppers and onions, but there’s some pineapple and a sweet glaze to bring in a bit of that island feel.
Look at this Hawaiian Jackfruit Pizza! Each slice packs tons of flavor with the addition of cilantro, a bit of heat from the jalapeño, and a hint of sweet with the pineapple.
Just look at this enormous Hawaiian Teriyaki Chickpea Burger! The patties are made from chickpeas, sweet potato, panko, and oats. They’re cooked in homemade teriyaki sauce, giving them the opportunity to absorb the flavor.
Does pineapple belong on a pizza? Yes! This Hawaiian BBQ Cauliflower and Pineapple Pizza proves it. Cauliflower florets, juicy pineapple, and smoky barbecue sauce make this pizza the perfect hot weather treat. Sweet, salty, and wholesome. Top this pizza with as many vegetables as you’d like!
This Hawaiian-Style Fried Tofu With Coconut Rice is so simple and flavorful! Looking for a unique and refreshing way to eat tofu? Sounds like this Hawaiian-style dish is just the thing you need! In it, tofu is marinated in a lemony garlic sauce, then lightly battered, and fried.
This Seaweed and Tofu Poke is a vegan take on a Hawaiian classic! This poke uses tofu and seaweed tossed in ginger, lime, garlic, onions, and soy sauce. Wakame, which is a type of kelp, is also included in the dish. Enjoy this seafood-inspired dish nice and cold.
Want to visit Hawaii one day? Check out this article, Visit These 10 Vegan-Friendly Restaurants In Honolulu! by downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Lead image source: Hawaiian Teriyaki Chickpea Burger
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.