Now you can fire up the ol’ grill and throw some tofu dogs or veggie burgers on there. But if you want something different, something that brings a little bit of paradise to your backyard, you’ll want to give these kabobs a try. They’re delicious, pretty healthy, and they’re on a stick. What could be better? Here is a fairly traditional mix of peppers and onions, but there's some pineapple and a sweet glaze to bring in a bit of that island feel.
Hawaiian Seitan Skewers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hawaiian Seitan Skewers [Vegan]
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
For the Kabob:
- 3 cups chicken-flavored seitan, cubed
- 4 large peppers (2 green, 2 red), cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
How to Prepare Hawaiian Seitan Skewers [Vegan]
- Mix glaze ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Place seitan, vegetables, pineapple onto skewers until only about 2 inches are showing at top and bottom.
- Brush glaze onto skewer ingredients, coating completely.
- Cook skewers on grill for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the ingredients begin to brown.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.