Poke is a traditional Hawaiian dish made of Ahi Tuna. This poke uses tofu and seaweed tossed in ginger, lime, garlic, onions, and soy sauce. Wakame, which is a type of kelp, is also included in the dish. Enjoy this seafood-inspired dish nice and cold.
Seaweed and Tofu Poke [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Seaweed and Tofu Poke [Vegan]
- 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried wakame, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
How to Prepare Seaweed and Tofu Poke [Vegan]
- Place the dried wakame in a medium sized bowl and cover it with two cups of water. Set this aside for now, or cook it, depending on the instructions on the package.
- Rinse the tofu with water and then extract as much liquid as possible by placing it in a pie pan and stacking some plates on top of it. Let it sit like this for 20 minutes or so while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, sesame seeds, lime juice, garlic, red onion, ginger, and red onions.
- Take the tofu out of the pie pan, cut into bite-sized cubes, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Drain the water from the seaweed, rinse it with water, and then press as much water out of it as you can. Add it to the mixing bowl with the tofu.
- Gently stir until all of the ingredients are combined. Eat right away or chill in the fridge. Serve cold.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 478 | Total Carbs: 23 g | Total Fat: 28 g | Total Protein: 43 g | Total Sodium: 1663 g | Total Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.