This recipe from Dawn Hutchins at Florida Coastal Cooking is sweet, salty, savory, and crunchy. This healthy salad-on-a-stick appetizer is sure to wow both your plant-based peeps and omnivores alike.
Salad Skewers with Hawaiian Pineapple Vinaigrette [Vegan, Oil-Free]
For the Pineapple Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Optional: 2 tablespoons tahini for creaminess, Or, if you're not oil-free, 1/4 cup EVOO plus 2 tablespoons sesame oil
For The Veggie Options:
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Lettuce, chopped
- Red onion, peeled and chopped
- Avocado, seeded and cubed
- Or anything you can dream up!
- Blend dressing ingredients in Magic Bullet or small blender.
- Cut veggies into chunks and thread onto skewers.
- Drizzle dressing over veggies or greens of choice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Sesame Seeds