Meet your summer weekend breakfast. Fresh Hawaiian papaya halves seasoned with fresh lime juice, filled with rawnola, and then topped with toasted coconut flakes. The creamy papaya is so good when paired with the rich, sweet, slightly crunchy (thanks to the macadamia nuts and cacao nibs) rawnola, and toasted coconut on top.
Hawaiian Papaya ‘Rawnola’ Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Hawaiian Papaya ‘Rawnola’ Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 ripe Hawaiian papayas, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 1 fresh lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup gluten-free raw rolled oats (or regular if you can't find raw)
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 20 whole raw macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons large unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
How to Prepare Hawaiian Papaya ‘Rawnola’ Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Squeeze the lime juice over the papaya halves and set them aside.
- Pulse the oats and dates together in a food processor until evenly mixed.
- Add the goji berries, cacao nibs, and chopped macadamia nuts and pulse to combine.
- Add the water and pulse until the rawnola starts clumping together.
- Fill the papaya halves with rawnola, top with the toasted coconut flakes, and serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.