There’s no need to miss out on creamy dips just because you’ve ditched dairy. There are so many delicious and creative ways to make a luxuriously creamy dip sans milk. One of the best ways is cashew! Soaked and blended cashews make such a wonderful creamy base for a multitude of dishes – ice cream, cheese, sauce – you name it. If you’re looking for some dairy-free dipliciousness, we’ve got you covered with these creamy, dairy-free cashew-based dips!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Caramelized Onion Cashew Cheese Dip
This Caramelized Onion Cashew Cheese Dip by Liv King is perfect to serve with bread, crackers, and even fresh vegetables. It’s an extremely versatile sauce so don’t worry about having leftovers. You’ll find many ways to serve this flavorful caramelized onion cashew cheese dip!
Get the Summer Cookbook!
3. Whole Food Nachos With Mockamole Green Dip
Quick, easy, Whole Food Nachos With Mockamole Green Dip by Agnes Potier-Murphy! They’re made in a frying pan, but would probably be just as easy to cook in the oven for even crunchier results. The recipe given here is for plain nachos, but they would also be great if they were spruced up a bit: think garlic powder, paprika, chili, cumin, etc. If they get a bit soft, just crisp them back up for a few minutes in a pan or the oven. As for the creamy parsley dipping sauce, it’s called mock-amole because it’s very close in taste to guacamole, interestingly! The cashews give it a deliciously creamy texture and the parsley makes it taste super fresh! There’s also a bit of tang from the lemon and a kick of Tabasco. So tasty! If there’s anyone out there who happens to be allergic to avocado, they should try this one out! Enjoy these vegan nachos with a huge bowl of colorful salad or other party sides!
4. ‘Vegveeta’ Cheese Dip
Source: ‘Vegveeta’ Cheese Dip
This ‘Vegveeta’ Cheese Dip by Dreena Burton has a mild flavor that can be used to accompany so many different foods. It has a creamy cashew base and is flavored with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, tahini, paprika, and salt. Feel free to add nooch too! It’s quite simple to make––just mix and then heat in a saucepan. This vegan velveeta is so nostalgic and perfect for parties. You have to give it a try!
5. Paleo Seven Layer Dip
Source: Paleo Seven Layer Dip
You’ll surely be the life of the party if you bring this awesome Paleo Seven Layer Dip by Rachel Carr. With sunflower seed frijoles, guac, butternut squash “queso,” meat-free chorizo, and more, nobody will believe that this is made entirely from whole foods, plant-based ingredients! Each layer is packed with flavor and nutrients, and is gorgeously colorful. Who wouldn’t want to chow down?
6. ‘Goat’ Cheese Pesto Dip
Source: ‘Goat’ Cheese Pesto Dip
Although this probably won’t pass as a straight-up goat cheese substitute, no one will mind since they will be too busy inhaling this tangy goodness. Weekend here we come, pretzels and Abby Thompson‘s ‘Goat’ Cheese Pesto Dip on the docket!
7. Lemon Artichoke Dip
Source: Lemon Artichoke Dip
This creamy, dreamy, drool-worthy Lemon Artichoke Dip by Kimmy Murphy is a must-make. This artichoke dip is made from a base of cashews that are blended with lemon juice, cheesy nutritional yeast, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Marinated artichoke hearts are folded into the dip before it gets popped into the oven and baked until warm and bubbly. Pair this with a big bowl of chips or fresh-cut veggies.
8. Red Pepper Cashew Queso Dip with Baked Tortilla Chips
This vegan Red Pepper Cashew Queso Dip with Baked Tortilla Chips by Christine DesRoches is quick to make and tastes so similar to the traditional dairy version. Served alongside these baked tortilla chips that are gluten-free, corn-free, and vegan. Perfect party food! Pro tip: serve this dip immediately, when it’s still warm – that’s when it’s outrageous. Leftovers are still good out of the fridge, but warm is the way to go.
9. Fig and Cashew Dip
Source: Fig and Cashew Dip
This creamy, delicious, and luxurious Fig and Cashew Dip by Ashley Smyczek is perfect for your next party or gathering. Delicious with apples, crackers, dried fruit, or whatever else you can think to put it on, it’s sure to be a hit. Dig in!
10. Spinach Artichoke Dip
Source: Spinach Artichoke Dip
This vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip by Hannah Sunderani is cheesy, creamy, and savory. Share when entertaining to impress a crowd. You can serve it with toasted baguettes, nacho chips, or gluten-free crackers.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.