Missing this classic Greek dip? Don't worry! We got you covered with this delicious vegan Tzatziki!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and left whole
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (zest lemon before juicing)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cucumber (seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped green onion (white portion only / discard root end)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Black pepper and salt to taste
After the cashews have soaked, pour the cashews and the soaking water into a fine mesh strainer and tap the strainer against the sink to extract as much excess water as possible.
Transfer the cashews to your blender, along with the (new) water, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Blend until super creamy and smooth. Seriously. Blend the crap out of it until it’s super creamy, otherwise it will be grainy. Set aside for now.
To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the cucumber, dill, parsley, mint, green onion and lemon zest. Transfer the cashew mixture from your blender to the mixing bowl and stir.
Add black pepper and salt to taste and stir again until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Store in a container in your fridge.