This vegan spinach artichoke dip is cheesy, creamy, and savory. Share when entertaining to really impress a crowd. You can serve it with toasted baguettes, nacho chips, or gluten-free crackers.
Spinach Artichoke Dip [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, strained and pat dry, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Add the raw cashews to a small bowl and pour boiling water over top. Let soak.
- In a medium-sized skillet add the garlic, onion, and coconut oil. Bring to medium heat and cook until softened (about 10 minutes). Then add the baby spinach and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes). Add the artichoke hearts and simmer to remove any access water (about 5 minutes).
- Strain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, miso, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the cooked spinach and artichoke and pulse a few times for a chunky texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish (I used an 8 x 2 inch round dish). Cook for 20 minutes, or until the dip becomes fragrant and starts to lightly brown around the edges. Let cool slightly. Gently mix with a spoon to expose the soft interior.
- Serve with toasted baguette, nachos chips, or gluten-free crackers.