With killer heatwaves, extreme droughts, and tornadoes, and hurricanes, this year has been a game-changer in terms of climate change, indicating that we are indeed in the middle of an extreme climate crisis.
Scientists also warn that this is just the beginning and that these weather events are just going to get worse. More extreme cases of climate change-induced weather are to be expected in the coming years.
Though scientists cannot completely conclude whether or not climate change can cause such extreme cases of weather, it is strongly suspected. This is especially true after the planet has experienced so many other climate change-induced events.
This year saw Texas dipped into an icy cold weather phenomenon, while Kenya experienced a severe plague of locusts. Everywhere, severe and sudden cases of changing weather, wildfires, droughts, and infestations occurred, plunging many areas into a state of emergency.
It is expected that this will only continue to get worse as climate change only gets worse. Earth is under a significant strain from pollution and other man-made problems that have gone unaddressed. There has never been a more urgent call for change as the earth is struggling to survive the current climate crisis.
Sign this petition to demand that President Joe Biden work together with Congress to pass legislation banning corporate lobbyists from influencing politics!
- Florida is Ditching Palm Trees to Fight Climate Change
- Animal Suffering Worsens as Climate Change Decimates Earth
- Madagascar on the Verge of Climate Change Famine
- Climate Change Affecting Some Americans Decisions to Have Children
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!