Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The infrastructure bill designates $50 billion for climate resilience in response to many weather-related climate problems, such as the recent escalation in droughts, floods, heatwaves, and wildfires.
Manish Bapna, president and CEO of the Natural Resources Defense Council, said, “This is scene one of a two-act play. It sets the stage for Congress to pass the Build Back Better Act. That’s the centerpiece of President Biden’s strategy to drive equitable recovery with climate action. In a moment, the country urgently needs both.”
The Build Better Act is set to be passed this week if all goes as planned. It is a large part of President Biden’s goal to start actively targeting Climate change, which urgently needs to be addressed.
- Biden Outlines Infrastructure Plan with Climate Friendly Opportunities
- Greta Thunberg Pushes Biden to ‘Treat Climate Crisis Like a Crisis’
- Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Endorses Joe Biden for President
- Biden Signs Executive Order to Rejoin Paris Climate Accord
- Biden Signs Executive Actions Focused on Climate Change: ‘We Can’t Wait Any Longer’
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!