Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Executive actions will include canceling new oil and gas leases on public lands, conserving at least 30% of federal lands and oceans by 2030, and including Climate change in national security priorities. These actions will increase the focus on green jobs and Environmental justice.
“We can’t wait any longer″ to deal with the climate crisis, Biden said at the White House. ”We see with our own eyes. We know it in our bones. It is time to act.″
Source: NBC News/YouTube
“President Biden set ambitious goals that will ensure America and the world can meet the urgent demands of the climate crisis, while empowering American workers and businesses to lead a clean energy revolution that achieves a carbon Pollution-free power sector by 2035 and puts the United States on an irreversible path to a net-zero economy by 2050. Today’s actions advance those goals and ensure that we are tapping into the talent, grit, and innovation of American workers, revitalizing the U.S. energy sector, conserving our natural resources and leveraging them to help drive our nation toward a clean energy future, creating well-paying jobs with the opportunity to join a union, and delivering justice for communities who have been subjected to environmental harm,” according to a press release from the White House.
Watch Biden speak on Climate change, below.
Source: CNBC Television/YouTube
“(Biden) knows that (the Paris climate agreement) alone is not enough,” Kerry said in the briefing room. “Not when almost 90% of all of the planet’s emissions global emissions come from outside of US borders. We could go to zero tomorrow, and the problem isn’t solved. So that’s why today, one week into the job, President Biden will sign this additional executive set of orders to help move us down the road, ensuring that ambitious climate action is global in scope and scale as well as national, here at home.”
Here is a list of the high-level actions that are intended to help combat the climate crisis:
- Center the Climate Crisis in U.S. Foreign Policy and National Security Considerations
- Take a Whole-of-Government Approach to the Climate Crisis
- Leverage the Federal Government’s Footprint and Buying Power to Lead by Example
- Rebuild Our Infrastructure for a Sustainable Economy
- Advance Conservation, Agriculture, and Reforestation
- Revitalize Energy Communities
- Secure Environmental justice and Spur Economic Opportunity
In addition to the Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad Executive Order, Biden also signed the Presidential Memorandum on Scientific Integrity and Evidence-Based Policymaking, which “directs agencies to make evidence-based decisions guided by the best available science and data” as well as the Executive Order Establishing the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
- Biden Signs Executive Order to Rejoin Paris Climate Accord
- Bill Gates Warns ‘Climate Change Could Be Worse’ Compared to Pandemic
- Lawsuit Against Federal Government Frames Healthy Climate as Legal Right
- Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline
- John Kerry Chosen as Climate Envoy for Biden Administration
- Biden’s $2 Trillion Climate Plan
- United States Refocuses on Fight Against Climate Crisis with Summit Participation
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!