Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The rising temperatures due to climate change could begin to lure out spring-breeding frogs, causing them to mate and lay their eggs too early, right before the worst of winter. This would throw off their entire life cycle, as the eggs would be at risk due to the cold weather.
The researchers believe that the eggs that do survive and hatch might also experience another side effect of Climate change: a decreased ability to withstand a common wetland contaminate called road salt.
This could be an alarming sign for the future of spring-breeding frog species. Generations of frogs could slowly be developing slower and slower, creating much weaker and less climate-resilient species that will not be able to adapt to their changing environment.
Over time, this could eventually lead to the endangerment of this species group. The new generations of frogs are less capable of surviving in a highly polluted environment, and are less able to evolve with the changes that come with Climate change.
Sign this petition to tell Congress to pass the Extinction Crisis Emergency Act, and to urge President Joe Biden to use the National Emergencies Act of 1976 to mobilize resources that will save animals’ and plants’ lives. He must declare the current extinction events a national emergency!
- Light Pollution is Taking Navigation Stars Away From the Animals
- 5 Realities About Plastic Pollution That Wont Go Away Until We Do Something
- American Bumblebee Could Be Added to the Endangered Species List
- US Reports 23 New Species Extinctions
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!