Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The BARCS Animal Shelter stole our hearts when they celebrated the birthdays of all their shelter dogs who had never had one before. It’s a truly heartwarming video that shows you how hard animal shelter professionals and volunteers work to help animals. It certainly isn’t the kind of work that one can monotonously go through every day.
The video follows them going cage to cage, excited dog to excited dog, delivering delectable treats. There are tail wags, and dog smiles galore. It shows how much a small gesture can mean to pups who don’t have anything else. Shelter dogs are forgotten too often, lost among society’s obsession with purebred, store-bought dogs.
The shelter notes that any dog who didn’t receive a treat during the video was on a special diet and would be receiving something special afterward. Don’t worry, everyone got to take part in the birthday celebration!
We shouldn’t wait for birthdays to celebrate shelter dogs. They need and deserve love 365 days a year. Sometimes all it takes is a small act of compassion to make a difference. Donate to rescues. Volunteer. And, as always, adopt don’t shop. To Support BARCS Animal Shelter, donate here.
- These Dogs Used to be Homeless ‘Now They’re Living It Up at an Awesome Pool Party (VIDEO)
- Watch the Happiest Dogs in the World Splash Around at a Doggy Pool Party
- Rescue Throws First Birthday Party for Rescued Research Beagles
- This Animal Sanctuary Throws a Party for Turkeys in Honor of a Different Kind of Thanksgiving
- Rescue Pup Escapes Shelter Kennel and Has All Night Toy Party!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!