Matcha originated in 12th-century Japan and served as a staple ingredient in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies. It comes from Japanese green tea leaves that have been ground into a fine, green powder. Matcha is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes! But are you aware of the health benefits of matcha?
@journ3y_to_wellness Replying to @brassil8 ♬ оригинальный звук – Мария – Stories • SMM • Фриланс
Many studies have suggested that matcha offers great health benefits. Because matcha is made from the whole green tea leaf, coming from the Camellia sinensis plant, it is a more potent source of nutrients and has “a greater amount of caffeine and antioxidants than what is typically found in regular green tea.”
This Tiktoker shared a unique spin on traditional matcha that she says can help ease bloating and regulate blood sugar. For this recipe, she starts by making matcha as usual with a shot of warm water, one serving of matcha powder, and 1 cup of dairy-free milk. The secret ingredient in this recipe is chia seeds! Nadine adds 1 tsp to the matcha, stirs it all up, and waits for the seeds to absorb liquid. Nadine adds ice to top it all off.
Chia seeds contain a large dose of potassium and magnesium in just one tablespoon, along with Vitamin B6. The fiber found in chia is also mainly soluble. Soluble fiber soaks up excess wastes and helps remove them from the body instead of causing discomfort. This is just what you want to treat or prevent bloating. Their fiber content also helps normalize blood glucose levels by slowing the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar.
For more gut health & wellness tips, follow Nadine on TikTok!
- Matcha Green Tea: A Superfood to Supercharge You!
- Weekly Spotlight: Benefits of Ginger, Matcha, Turmeric, and Cacao
- The Hidden Benefits of Matcha: Why It’s Amazing for Your Skin
- 10 Healthy and Energizing Matcha Drinks
- 15 Plant-Based Matcha Recipes that Aren’t Drinks!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.