If you’re doing Veganuary, you might be finding new foods that you haven’t tried, which is so exciting! Depending on your reason for trying veganism, you can benefit from learning more about the health benefits that come with adding color to your plate. This doesn’t just mean greens and fruit, but foods such as ginger, turmeric, matcha, and cacao. These foods are great to add color to your plate, and you can fit them in your dishes with ease. check out these recipes to see what ways you can incorporate these delicious amazing foods!
For more about the health benefits of these foods, check out this article: The Amazing Healing Properties of Curcumin, The Yellow Pigment in Ginger and Turmeric!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you meals that use ginger, turmeric, matcha, and cacao to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Maple Ginger Tofu
Ginger is a great root to incorporate into your dishes to add an extra zing! Ginger does well in soups, and with tofu, and add a pop of flavor to a smoothie!
- Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Ginger-Lime Soba Noodles With Vegetables by Sylwia Radzaj
- Maple Ginger Tofu by Bila
- Curried Split Pea Soup with Root Veggies and Ginger by Jenny Marie
- Pomegranate Beet Citrus Smoothie With Mint and Ginger by Viktoria Radichkova
Turmeric is a bright root that offers a sharp flavor and an amazing yellow color to your plate. Turmeric is best absorbed with black pepper, so add that in when you make it in a dish.
- Turmeric Quinoa Bowls by Buddha Bowls by Kelli Foster
- Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD
- Turmeric Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables by Medha Swaminathan
- Sunshine Turmeric Latte by Buffy-Ellen Gill
- Turmeric Hummus With Curried Chickpeas by Caroline Doucet
Matcha is an amazingly health-boosting powder that can be added to drinks or dishes. Try it in these overnight oats, this latte, or even in dinner rolls!
- Matcha Yogurt Overnight Zoats by Lauren Smith
- Green Tea Noodles Made with Matcha, Spirulina and Meaty Mushrooms by Stefania D’Alessandro
- Matcha Latte by Taryn Fitz-Gerald
- Matcha Swirl Loaf by Elsa Brobbey
- Matcha Rosemary Dinner Rolls by Sirke Reivo
Cacao doesn’t refer to chocolate, but rather the plant that chocolate comes from. It’s bitter on its own, but it shines and makes a delicious dark-chocolate tasting dessert! You can pair it with fruits, in energy balls, and even in mousse!
- Cacao Mousse and Raspberry Parfaits by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Superfood Cacao Bark by Bianca Scartabello
- Turmeric Coconut Cacao Cinnamon Rolls by Anarki “AJ” Tjon Affo
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies by Julie Zimmer
- Cacao and Sesame Balls by Amy Savage
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!