Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A heartening story has captured the attention of over 1.3 million TikTok users. Kyle Parnell, a kind-hearted man, has managed to gain the trust of a stray cat he lovingly named Keepsake in a journey that spanned nine months.
In a series of captivating videos, Parnell shared the highs and lows of his journey with Keepsake. From building the cat a house, battling the harsh winter and pesky raccoons, to nursing Keepsake back to health after rough skirmishes, Parnell’s dedication to the ginger and white stray cat is nothing short of commendable.
What seemed to be the most rewarding part of the story was when Keepsake, once quick to run and slow to trust, finally allowed Parnell to pet him, and even ventured inside his home. Parnell’s journey brings to mind the long history of human-feline companionship, dating back thousands of years.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- People Tried for Days to Save a Kitten Trapped in a Well Then This Happened! [Video]
- Resilient Kitten Recovery from Fire Pit Accident Warms Hearts on TikTok
- Sweet Mama Cat Just Wants to Love the Stuffing Out of Her Kitten [Video]
- Dog Playing With New Kitten Brothers is Too Cute
- This Poor Kitten Was Rescued After Being Thrown Out of a Moving Car Window
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!