Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Hope for Paws‘ most dramatic and daring rescue video to date has finally been released, and we guarantee you’ll be holding your breath for this one. Loreta gave us a small look into the rescue on her Facebook page, but watching the video really showed the dedication this amazing organization has for these helpless animals. The rescue took Eldad and Loreta to South Carolina to rescue a tiny kitten who had fallen an incredible 43 feet down a well pipe located in the basement of a house.
Several attempts to rescue the poor baby had already been made before the Hope for Paws team arrived. The homeowner even tried connecting branches together for the kitten to climb up, but that also ended in failure, with the branches falling back into the drain. With the assistance of two kind workers from Freedom Plumbing, however, the resourceful team found a way to maneuver the weak kitten out of the drain.
The baby was immediately taken to the vet for medical attention and is now safe, happy, and healthy at a new forever home! None of this would have been possible without all the amazing people involved — this was truly a Hope for Paws Miracle!
- Angry Bobcat Rescued from Car Grille in Wisconsin
- Miracle Cat Rescued from the Jaws of Death on a Busy New York Highway
- Blind Cat Rescued From Rubble After Tornado Destroyed Texas Animal Shelter
- Feral Cat Rescuer Wants to Get Black Community Involved in Trap-Neuter-Return Programs
- Carol Baskin’s Sanctuary Big Cat Rescue Granted Control of Joe Exotic’s Former Zoo
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!