Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
There aren’t many things more precious than a baby kitten. The problem, however, is that there are far too many kittens born under adverse circumstances. Take, for example, these recent rescue kittens posted to the Kitten Lady Facebook page. They were immediately abandoned after birth and were near death when they were found. Thankfully, they couldn’t have ended up in more capable hands.
Hannah Shaw (aka Kitten Lady) reports that when they arrived to rescue the babies, the kittens were still covered in afterbirth, frozen, stiff, and wet. At just four hours old, the kittens wouldn’t have made it without intervention. Hannah spent the night warming, cleaning, grooming, and comforting the newborns. Unfortunately, this is the type of situation she witnesses on a regular basis – the good news, however, is that it is completely preventable!
With about eight million cats entering shelters every year across the U.S., spaying and neutering is such a crucial step in tackling the stray cat population. This will make sure kittens are not born into homelessness and do not suffer unnecessarily. Another way to assist in curbing the numbers of homeless cats is by volunteering with local trap-neuter-release programs. As always, educating others and spreading awareness is always effective in helping animals.
- Three-Legged Kitten Rescued on the Day He Was Supposed to Be Euthanized [Video]
- Tiny Orange Kitten Rescued From Dirty Canal in the Philippines
- Paralyzed Kitten Rescued From Inside a Hot Car Engine
- Kitten Rescued From Ledge of Bridge Needs Your Help to Survive! (VIDEO)
- Kitten Rescued From Metal Shed Learns How to Cat (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!