A new study conducted via a randomized trial found that a low-fat vegan diet was beneficial to patients’ body weight and health. Study participants lost an average of 13 pounds over six weeks while following the vegan diet.
- How to Transition to a Vegan Diet
- 10 Low Fat, Low Sugar Raw Vegan Desserts
- 5 Lean, Low Fat Oil Alternatives
- Weekly Meal Plan: Low-Fat Vegan Meals!
Lead study author Hana Kahleova, MD, Ph.D., director of clinical research at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in Washington, DC shared that the people on the vegan diet lost more weight because they were eating plant-based choices instead of animal products and consumed less high fat and high-calorie foods.
- 15 High-Fiber Plant-Based Recipes
- The Best Low Fat Vegan Meal and Snack Picks for Athletes
- 15 Low-Carb Plant-Based Recipes
- 10 Healthy Eating Habits From Plant-Based Nutritionists
“Eliminating foods that are high in fat and cholesterol is one part, and the other one is replacing these foods with plant foods that are rich in fiber and antioxidants,” Dr. Kahleova said. “Both play an important role in improving cardiometabolic health.”
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!