Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In a heart-stopping encounter in Oviedo, Florida, a brave K-9 named Mako narrowly escaped the jaws of a massive 12-foot alligator. Enjoying a refreshing dip in the Little Econlockhatchee River after an intense training session, Mako was unexpectedly ambushed by the gigantic predator.
Owners Kylee Nyiri and Fisher Greene sprang into action, wrestling the alligator’s tail and rescuing Mako from a terrifying fate. “If Fisher Greene wasn’t there Mako would not have survived,” Nyiri admitted in a Facebook post. Mako sustained multiple injuries, including broken ribs and puncture wounds, and continues to recover after undergoing several surgeries.
This incident sheds light on the prevalence of American alligators in Florida, numbering around 1.3 million. To safeguard your furry companions, it’s recommended to avoid areas with dense vegetation near water bodies where these reptiles tend to lurk.
Mako’s medical expenses have soared, leading Nyiri to create a GoFundMe page to help cover the costs. She expressed her heartfelt gratitude to the 335+ donors who have come forward to Support Mako in this challenging time.
- Dog Rescued From Traumatic Past in Puppy Mill Now Helps New Shelter Dogs Feel Safe [Video]
- Dogs Reaction to Friends Showing Up for Playdate Will Melt Your Heart
- Two Neighbor Dogs Finally Get the Playdate They’ve Been Waiting For
- These Dogs Were Sold to Animal Testing But Now They Need Homes
- Couple Arrested for Poisoning Neighbor’s Dogs
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!