Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
National Mill Dog Rescue recently posted a video of two of their adorable residents, Luke and Sherman. They are both currently in rehab to become more trusting with people but have found comfort in each other, and it’s the sweetest thing ever!
Luke, a Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier, appears to be protecting his kennel mate Sherman or perhaps, Sherman is the perfect little “pillow” to cuddle up with – either way, it will warm your heart. It’s hard to believe that Sherman has been with the rescue for almost three years! While any safe, loving forever home would be amazing, how sweet would it be if they got adopted together?
National Mill Dog Rescue rescues, rehabilitates, and re-homes retired commercial breeding dogs from puppy mills. Like Luke and Sherman, puppy mill dogs are often very skittish with humans because of their lack of socialization. These pups live in horrific conditions in puppy mills and endure immense neglect and cruelties. The only way to bring puppy mills to an end is by NOT buying from pet stores, spreading awareness about the realities of puppy mills, and encouraging others to only adopt a rescue.
Adopting a dog is the easiest (and cheapest!) way to add a new furry member to your family while saving a life. And remember, adopting a dog is a lifetime commitment!
To learn more about ways to spread awareness about the cruel puppy mill industry, click here.
To learn more about National Mill Dog Rescue or adopt a dog, click here.
- Pregnant Dog Rescued From Heartbreaking Conditions and Gives Birth to 12 Puppies
- Awesome Dog Rescue Team Helped Save a Wild Bunny From the Freeway and Get Him Home! [Video]
- Transformation of Terrified, Emaciated Dog Rescued From Busy Road in India [Video]
- Dog Rescued After Being Swept Away in California Floods
- Dog Rescued After 500 Days in Shelter, and Her Joy is Contagious! [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!