Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In February, Valentine’s Second Chance Animal Shelter in Kansas City received an urgent call regarding a pregnant dog abandoned in a small, feces-filled cage. The shelter quickly rescued the gentle and kind dog, now named Adira, and provided her with the care she desperately needed. After 28 hours of labor on Valentine’s Day, Adira gave birth to 12 healthy puppies, as documented on the shelter’s TikTok account.
To celebrate Adira’s resilience and bright future, the shelter organized a maternity photoshoot with Wild Fyre Co, where the expectant mother donned a flower crown and posed in a picturesque outdoor setting. Pet care company Pedigree heard about Adira’s story and decided to gift her with another photoshoot, this time including her adorable litter of puppies. As a further act of kindness, Pedigree has generously offered to cover the adoption fees for Adira and her 12 pups.
As the puppies have grown stronger, they are now available for adoption, along with their loving mother. Valentine’s Second Chance Animal Shelter shared the good news in an April 12 Facebook post, expressing their belief that these “sweetest little babes” will make the best dogs ever. Currently, eight puppies are still awaiting their forever homes.
Those interested in adopting one of these delightful dogs can visit the Valentine’s Second Chance Animal Shelter’s website for more information on the application process. For individuals unable to adopt but still wishing to make a difference, consider donating to the Missouri shelter.
Adira’s story is a powerful reminder of the importance of animal rescue and the impact a second chance can have on the lives of both pets and their prospective owners. The dedication of shelters like Valentine’s Second Chance Animal Shelter, as well as the Support of companies like Pedigree, demonstrates the incredible difference we can make when we come together for the welfare of our furry friends.
- Rescue Dog Takes a Kitten into Her Litter Pack and Starts Nursing Him at Animal Shelter
- Newly Adopted Rescue Dog Holds New Pawrent’s Hand “Whole Way Home” From Shelter
- Rescue Dog Extremely Cautious of New Cat Friend
- Internet Can’t Get Enough of Rescue Dog Refusing to Come Inside During Blizzard [Video]
- North Carolina Women Rescue Dog Struggling to Stay Afloat After Falling into River
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!