The holidays are an exciting time! Just ask this lovely girl Bonita who found her furever home just in time for the holidays last year. Seeing her pure joy and excitement will make you want to add a furry companion to your family yourself. If and when you do decide to welcome a pet, consider adopting. We think Bonita’s contagious joy makes the case for itself. Just look at how happy she is to be leaving the shelter.
Six-year-old Bonita had a very long stay in Niagara SPCA animal shelter in Niagara Falls, New York. She spent 500 days at the shelter waiting for someone to take her home. She arrived at the shelter on August 13, 2018, and its clear people grew to love her during her stay.
She was filmed exiting the shelter with her new family, and it was an emotional, exciting moment! Confetti was thrown and people were filming. Bonita lovingly gave kisses to the people around and jumped for joy!
Her new human, Ray Kinz says that he decided to adopt Bonita after asking which dog had been there the longest and which was the oldest — she was both. He has absolutely no regrets about welcoming her into his life: “I knew Bonita was the one when we had our first meet-and-greet, she showed nothing but love towards me. She is the most loving and caring girl anyone could ask for, she can act like a two-year-old full of energy, or an old school soul who just wants to cuddle and sleep. The past few days have been nothing shy of amazing and I am so grateful for her coming into my life.”
Just look at those two! They were meant to find each other. We are so happy Bonita has found her furever home with someone who will love her and take care of her. You can follow her adventures as an adopted girl by following her on Instagram @Bonita_rk.
If you’re interested in giving another dog the joyous moment that Bonita had when she was adopted, check out 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day!
- Texas Shelter Shares Heartwarming Transformation of Emaciated Rescue Dog
- He’s Bitter and Loves to Bite: Shelter’s Funny Description of Chihuahua Goes Viral!
- Woman Threatens to Feed Cat to Coyotes if Shelter Didn’t Take Her
- Woman With No Intention of Adopting Falls in Love With Shelter Dog
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!