Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It seems Thumper wandered way too far out of the woods and ended up on a busy highway instead! Thankfully, a kind driver knew to call Hope for Paws to give this adorable bunny the best possible outcome in this dangerous situation.
When Eldad arrived at the location, the California Highway Patrol was on the scene and the bunny was hiding underneath the caller’s car. This made it super easy for the rescue team to secure the area with a mobile fence to protect the bunny from the cars speeding past. As Eldad and another officer worked to catch the bunny, another danger presented itself … not one, but two hawks! They had to move fast.
With Eldad directing the rabbit, one of the officers was able to quickly capture the bunny in a net. After a vet check and help from Bunny World Foundation to confirm that the bunny was indeed wild, he was released back to his wild home in a safe location.
Please continue to Support Hope for Paws by donating, fostering, and sharing their compassionate work. Though this bunny was a wild one, there are many bunnies in need of forever homes. Click here to learn more.
- We Could Watch This Rescued Bunny Practice Her Boxing Moves All Day (VIDEO)
- Man Rescues Bunny that Almost Drowned in a Lake [Video]
- 5 Reasons Not to Give a Bunny as an Easter Gift (with Ethical, Fun Easter Gift Ideas)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!