Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When Camille found an abandoned kitten off of the freeway in Tennessee, she immediately leaped into action. The tiny kitten was only a few weeks old when she found him. He was unlikely to survive alone due to his young age. So, Camille cleaned him up, got him comfy, and welcomed him into her family.
However, the tiny kitten (who was christened Nash) was not Camille’s only cat. TikTok viewers were delighted when, at the end of her video showing Nash’s rescue, the previously abandoned kitten was seen snuggling with her older cat. “Mr. Bojangles is a single father,” Camille captioned the video. Indeed, the 12-year-old Persian cat seemed to immediately welcome the new kitten into his home. The two can be seen snuggling in their cat bed.
While Camille knew that Nash needed to be rescued, it is important to remember that not all kittens found outdoors are on their own. Usually, the mother is nearby and will provide the best care for them. Always observe kittens from a distance for as long as possible to ensure that their mother is not nearby. Mother cats may sometimes leave for hours. If possible, provide the mother and her babies with food, water, and shelter.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Senior Dog Confused With New Kitten Sibling!
- Cat Sisters Protect Each Other’s Kittens
- “Move Your Feet, Lose Your Seat” Woman Loses Couch to Dog in Hilarious Video
- 5 Times Animals Found Their Favorite Song
- “I Don’t Care,” Said Senior Dog’s Owner Before Abandoning Him
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!